Chocolate Drop Cookies
Taste of the Season
These mini chocolate drop cookies are adorable and easy to make. And mini means you can eat more, right? These tiny decadent chocolate cookies pair nicely with an ice wine from Vivace Estate Winery.
Come out and join EPIC wineries for a free taste of the season Open House on December 3rd and 4th! This free open house invites you to discover unique gifts, delicious local wines, and cheerful festivities at each of the participating wineries.
I hope to see you at Vivace Estate Winery where my chocolate drop cookies will be served with a fabulous ice wine.
* Accepting canned goods to benefit local food banks.
Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter and the sugar until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Roll into small balls
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until dry looking and lightly cracked on the surface but still very soft. I left mine a little bit underdone so they were softer and fudgier, almost like a brownie.
- When they come out of the oven, allow to cool, dust lightly with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy with a glass of ice wine from Vivace Estate Winery.
- Perfect bite size dessert option.
Cheers to life!
Click here to find more delicious recipes at @rbm_cooking
All photos by Rosa Basile-Marrello