Say hello to the easiest make-ahead cookies for all those busy mornings when cooking is the last thing on your priority list.
Yes, I said cookies. These nutrient-dense breakfast cookies are made without any refined sugars and are completely vegan — no dairy or eggs used! They’re made with simple whole-food ingredients and packed with fiber and protein to keep you feeling full. Enjoy them on their own or with some homemade raspberry jam.
Tag @eatw.rae if you try them out!
Breakfast Cookie Ingredients:
1-1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. pink salt
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl combine oats, flax, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl combine mashed banana, tahini, peanut butte and maple syrup.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Add chopped dates, and chocolate chips if desire, and mix until very well combined.
5. Scoop 1/4 cup of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350F for 15-17 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
Store in an air-tight container for up to one week.
Photo by Regan Harder