On August 9, 2023, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Leamington Detachment with Essex County OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) executed a search warrant in an apartment at an address on Lutsch Avenue, Municipality of Leamington.
During the search warrant, police seized a quantity of illicit drugs suspected to be Cocaine and Fentanyl, electronics, and currency totaling over $4,480. Three people were taken into custody without incident.
As a result of the investigation, Richard SYMES, 58 years-old of Leamington has been charged with the following:
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
· Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking-Opioid (other than heroin)
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Other Drugs
Further, Elizabeth HUTCHINGAME, 33 years-old of Leamington has been charged with the following:
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Opioid (other than heroin)
· Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court (Two Counts)
Further, Angela NOGUERIA, 42 years-old of Leamington has been charged with the following:
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Cocaine
The accused were released and are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Windsor at a later date.
The investigation is ongoing, if you have information on this or any other crimes, OPP can be reached anytime, anywhere in the Province of Ontario at 1-888-310-1122.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or leave an anonymous online message at www.catchcrooks.com where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.