Sprucewood Shores has been awarded one of nine prestigious medals for best in class wines at the 2023 Ontario Wine Awards. It won the award for its Merlot Hawk’s Flight Reserve 2020.
The award was presented by the Lieutenant Governor at George Brown College during the annual Rootstock Wine Symposium, a showcase for the best of Ontario VQA wines.
The winning wines were recognized for their overall excellence, regardless of vintage or varietal and were selected from 558 wines submitted.
Other winners of the 2023 Lieutenant Governor’s Award for Excellence in Ontario Wines include:
- Megalomaniac Bubblehead Limited Edition Brut
- Trius Winery Showcase Wild Ferment Sauvignon Blanc 2020
- Big Head Wines Chardonay Stone 2022
- Megalomaniac Narcissist Reisling 2021
- Domaine Queylus Pinot Noir La Grande Réserve 2018
- 13th Street Winery Gamay 2021
- Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery Ravine Cabernet Franc 2020
- Thirty Bench Wine Makers Wild Cask Cabernet Franc 2020
Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery is located at 7258 Cty Road 50 W, Harrow, Ontario.