Road 2 East Road Reconstruction
The Town of Kingsville is preparing for the first phase of Road 2 East reconstruction in 2021. Reconstruction from County Road 45 (Union Ave) to Graham Sideroad will proceed first and includes the following improvements:
- New asphalt roadway with curb and gutter.
- An asphalt multi-use pathway on the south side of the road.
- Additional streetlights.
- Extension of existing watermain and additional storm sewer.
The installation of active transportation facilities on Road 2 East is a recommended initiative in the Kingsville Active Transportation Master Plan. Current safety design standards for this type of roadway recommend that active transportation facilities be separated from the road and within the boulevard. The installation of barrier curb and gutter:
- Allows the in-boulevard pathway to be closer to the edge of road making for more efficient use of the land within the Town Right-of-Way.
- Is the least expensive option. In the absence of curb, the pathway will be installed further away from the edge of road for safety. To accommodate this, a complete infilling of the municipal drain on the north side of the road and installation of additional storm sewer would be required.
You are encouraged to view the construction plans. If you have any questions or comments in regards to the construction plans, please contact Tim Del Greco, Manager of Engineering at 519-733-2305 ext. 230 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments must be received by April 30, 2021 and may be publically viewed during a Regular Meeting of Council.
April 19, 2021
Image by suwichan pralomram from Pixabay